BRISK2 provides free-of-charge Transnational Access (TA) to research and testing facilities across the BRISK2 network, comprising 15 partners and their installations. Any researcher meeting the eligibility criteria can apply to visit any of the project partners located outside of their home country. Applications for placements in May – October 2018 are now being accepted. The call for proposal deadline is 1st April 2018.
Individuals or teams of researchers are eligible to apply. BRISK2 will cover the cost of travel and subsistence up to the value of 1200 Euros. Applications for Transnational Access are welcome from across the world. However, the number of TA grants available to non-EU/Associated States is limited to 20%. The majority of grants are available to the following eligible countries:
EU Member States: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovak Republic, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom
H2020 Associated States: Albania, Armenia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Georgia, Iceland, Israel, FYR Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Norway, Serbia, Switzerland, Tunisia, Turkey and Ukraine.
Applications for TA must fulfil strict eligibility criteria:
- Minimum qualification level required is Bachelor of Science (BSc) or equivalent in a relevant Science or Engineering Discipline
- Applications for TA can only be made to host organisations/project partners located in countries outside that of the applicant’s own organisation
- Priority will be given to applicants who do not normally have access to similar research facilities within the country he/she is based
- Priority will be given to first time applicants
The key points for reimbursement of travel are:
- A maximum rate of 1200 Euros will be applied to each visit (not per person), covering airfare, lodging, meal allowance and local transportation for eligible applicants or teams of applicants
- All original receipts, boarding cards, e-tickets and electronic booking confirmations must be retained and submitted as evidence to the host organisation who will arrange reimbursement.
- Expenses will be reimbursed after the final report submission. The time frame for reimbursement is up to 3 months.
Read more about how to apply on the BRISK2 website.