This workshop is a satellite event to the European Forum for Industrial Biotechnology & the Bioeconomy organised in Toulouse (France) on 16-18 October 2018.
Aim and focus of this specific 'Horizon Scan' workshop
Besides the establishment of a database, the project also carried out an online survey to understand the equipment needs and related services required by users of open-access pilot and demonstration facilities.
By comparing the contents of the database with the survey results, Pilots4U is currently performing a gap analysis to understand where the EU may have over/under capacity and vulnerabilities now and in the near future. This gap analysis will be the initial point for discussion during the workshop and the basis for investment business cases to improve and strengthen the European landscape of pilot and demonstration facilities.
This specific workshop will focus on the following bio-economy related technologies: Industrial biotechnology, Chemical processing and Thermal conversion of biomass.
Why do we need your input?
We would like to validate our findings by discussing them with a broad range of experts, including representatives of EU industry, research, open access pilot facilities and SMEs that have brought or are looking to bring innovative bio-based, biorefinery or biotechnology processes towards commercialisation.
With your input, Pilots4U will build efficient business cases for investment to strengthen the European landscape of open access pilot and demonstration facilities, which will, in turn, contribute to speeding up bio-economy innovation.
Registration is free of charge but mandatory. You can register for this workshop as follows:
- Participants attending both the EFIB Conference and the Horizon Scan Workshop, please register here (you will need to tick an extra box indicating that you also wish to attend the Horizon Scan Workshop, free of charge).
- Participants ONLY attending the Horizon Scan Workshop, please register here. Please indicate in the comment field on the registration form that you wish to only register for the workshop and tick the 0€ EFIB ticket for ‘pre-conference event only’ on the registration form.
Please find below the agenda for the workshop.
Cannot join this particular Pilots4U Horizon Scan Workshop? Maybe one of the other dates/venues suit you better?
- 26 September 2018, Turin, Italy – Satellite event of IFIB 2018
- 22 October 2018, Espoo, Finland – Satellite event of the 8th Nordic Wood Biorefinery Conference
- 7 November 2018, Brussels, Belgium - Satellite event of the ‘Pitch perfect and boost the European bio-economy’ event